Saturday, December 11, 2010

Montana Elk Hunt ~ Nov 2010



Our neighbors, Bob and Sandy Lloyd were recently on an Elk hunt, we thought it would be nice to share their experience.  The hut was on a private ranch near Philipsburg, MT.  We were guided by Bill Kemph and Cody Hensen.  We each had a guide with us and a herd of over 200 elk with one large bull and some younger ones.  We herded them from a great distance in the great distance in the wide open so they would see us move toward Bob.  He took his shot and they turned toward where I was waiting and tho I didn’t wait for the biggest bull I was happy with the one I got.  We were able to haul mine to where Bob was to get these photos. 






Bob’s buck was not shot at night but by the time we got all set up the moon had risen si it was an interesting photo.  We were near Dillon, MT. in the Beaverhead Valley.  The rut  was on and this buck came out and presented himself for Bob to get a great shot.  It has a really wide rack and is a perfect 4x4 but registers in the 130 range 


I had to stalk my buck the next morning to try to head him off from the fence line of another property. We ran, bent over, along the fence line to a spot close enough to see him but not be seen.  My guide grunted at him and he stopped long enough for me to take the shot.  He was a smaller 4X4 but quite fat. 
 We Thank the Lloyd's for sharing their story, looks like another successful hunt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment